How to configure reverse DNS in the SSC
This guide will tell you how to set a PTR (configure rDNS) using the SSC.
# Configuring rDNS
- Log in to your SSC account (https://ssc.nforce.com/)
- Once logged in, go to the "IP SPACE" tab
- Select the corresponding netblock for your IP address
- To the right of the IP address, click the wrench icon [Edit PTR record]
- Enter the hostname in the field and click "Save"
Setting a PTR for IPv6 is not available via the SSC, please contact email@example.com
You can check the functionality of the PTR on mxtoolbox.com for instance.
If you run into any difficulties, please contact our 24/7 support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is currently not possible to set rDNS / PTR records yourself on VPS services. Please contact email@example.com so we may configure one for you.